Working with a PDF document can be significantly easier and more convenient than working with an original document created in a program such as Microsoft Word.
If you’re working in the legal profession, and you need to exchange documents with clients or other lawyers, a convertir a PDF gratis provides several advantages. For example, for a digital document to be admissible in court, that document needs to be in a format that cannot be altered without leaving a digital record of what changes were made.
The human resources department of any company provides prospective and current employees with a variety of documents, forms, and other paperwork. Additionally, a business can create brochures, training manuals or even invoices and forward a PDF file. While the original source document may have been created in Microsoft Word, it’s far more efficient to send copies as a PDF file. This eliminates compatibility issues that may arise due to different versions of Word, missing fonts, or different operating systems, such as Mac or Windows, or iOS and Android.
Here are five reasons why you should distribute PDF documents rather than original ones.
- Retain formatting. You may be using special fonts and formatting.
- Platform agnostic. PDF can be read on any device and operating system, including mobile and tablets.
- Security. You may want people to only read your document, and not change the content of your PDF. Plus, you can easily password-protect a PDF document.
- Multiple versions of software. People receiving your document may not have the latest version of Microsoft Word, which means it’s possible the document can’t be accessed. This isn’t an issue when using PDF.
- Free PDF readers. There’s a wide variety of free PDF readers available for every operating system and platform.
How to Create a PDF on Mac
- Open the document
- Select File > Print
- Choose the PDF popup menu and select “Save as PDF”
- Choose a name and location for the PDF file. Enter the information you want in the Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords fields.
- Select Save
Apple makes it very easy to create a PDF from any type of software program by mimicking the same steps you would take to print a document. The process is baked into the operating system.
To create a PDF, just follow the steps provided above.
How to Convert PDF to Word
- Open the file you want to convert in Acrobat.
- Click on the Export PDF tool in the right pane.
- Choose Microsoft Word as your export format.
- Click Convert. If your PDF contains scanned text, Acrobat will run text recognition automatically.
- Name the Word file and save it in the desired location.
Let’s say you urgently need to convert a PDF file to a Word document format. There are a few ways you can do this. Adobe offers a product Acrobat Pro DC as part of their Creative Cloud Suite of products. It’s $12.99 a month and allows you to convert PDFs into Word docs, Excel spreadsheets and edit scanned PDFs.
If you have access to Adobe, it’s best to use the steps above to convert your PDF back into a Word document.
But if you’re strapped for cash, here’s a free way to convert a PDF to a Word doc.
- Upload your file.
- Visit www.convertpdftoword.net
- Download the Word Doc version.
This free tool is littered with confusing ads, so try to ignore those. Also, the formatting is all wonky in the .doc version. But if you insist on changing the format, you should spring for the paid version with more features.
Here are our top picks for PDF to Word tools:
- PDF2Doc.com: simple, straightforward drag-and-drop PDF converter.
- iLovePDF.com: this site is very easy to use and has a lot of other PDF tools, like converting PDFs to Excel or Powerpoint. This is a handy site to bookmark for all your PDF editing needs.
- WordtoPDF.com: This site is nice because you can go from one file format to another, converting the documents and then emailing them to anyone. There is a size limit.
There are many other online options that you can choose to convert your PDF files. Visit Jotform’s guide about online PDF to Word converters.