Reddit can be a great source of wisdom, camaraderie, and memes. Or it could be the Internet’s Wild West full of trolls and crackpot theories. One thing’s for sure, Reddit isn’t for everyone.
If you are unsatisfied with your Reddit experience, you may want to walk away from the website. However, Reddit is unique in that it does not allow its users to disable their accounts temporarily. The only option is to delete your account. Remember when you delete your Reddit account, it is gone forever. There is no way to recover a deleted Reddit account, so you should be sure of your decision before following these instructions. Follow the below steps how to delete reddit account.
How to Delete Reddit Account
Follow these steps to deactivate your Reddit account permanently.
- Firstly, open your Reddit account on your device.
- Navigate to your profile at the top left of the screen and tap on the profile icon. Then a drop-down menu will appear.
- At the bottom of the drop-down menu, you’ll see a hyperlink that says “Settings.” Tap on the hyperlink, and you will be taken to the Settings page.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the page and press “Help.” You will then be directed to the Reddit Help Center page.
- On the help page, you will notice a search bar. In the search field, type disable and press Search.
- Scroll down and click on How do I deactivate my account? in search results.
- From there, scroll down until you see the Account Settings link. Click on it. You will then be directed to the official Reddit website, where you will need to log in.
- Once you have logged in to your account, you will be directed to the account settings page of the site. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page to find a Deactivate account hyperlink. Click on that Hyperlink.
- When you click on the hyperlink, you will be asked to enter your account information. After entering your account information, tap the Disable hyperlink at the bottom of the page.
- After completing step 9, you will be back to the login page, and your Reddit account will now be permanently deactivated.
Points to Consider Before Deleting Your Reddit Account
Deleting your Reddit account will not remove any posts or comments you have made on Reddit. However, you can delete these individually before closing your account.
Even if you delete your account on Reddit, no one (including you) can sign up for Reddit with the same username you used for that account. However, you can sign up for a new Reddit account with a different username, as long as it hasn’t been used before.
Deleting your account will deactivate your profile and username. You cannot restore them. Also, your username will be stripped of your posts and comments. Users cannot see who created them.
Reddit Premium subscription will not be canceled when you deactivate your account. You have to cancel it first. Also, you’ll need to confirm your account deactivation by entering your Reddit password.
How to Delete Reddit Account Via Web Browser?
Follow these tips to delete Reddit account via web browser.
- Open your web browser and visit reddit.com.
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- Click on your profile picture or icon in the top right corner of the screen and select ‘User Settings.’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Disable Account.’
- When prompted, re-enter your login information and, if you choose, provide a reason why you want to deactivate your account.
- Select ‘Disable’ when you understand that your account has been permanently deleted and wish to continue.
- You will be asked to click on another box marked ‘Disable’ to confirm your deactivation.
- Your Reddit account has now been permanently deleted.
Reddit is an excellent platform for communities, with subreddits covering every conceivable interest. You can ask questions, post funny pictures, or share your most personal thoughts with millions of Reddit users. So before you rush to delete your Reddit account, you should probably be aware of the consequences. We hope you understood the instructions on how to delete your Reddit account. You can read our other blogs in the blog section for more helpful guides.