Fashion Designing is a specialized professional discipline that entails researching and analyzing of fashion trends, customer’s psychographics as well as demographics, socio-culture influences and consumer preferences etc. and basis this understanding conceptualizes, design & crafts accessories, clothes, footwear & handbags etc. either customized as per client’s requirement or targeted at mass market. Fashion Designer needs to be open to inspirations from anything and everything around him. He works with teams from varied departments as well as stakeholders & vendors etc. and is responsible for every step of the production process, right from its inception to creating of prototypes to verify the flow of the cloth in a particular design to its marketing and selling to merchandising. Thus he is accountable for profitability as well.
choose to study in fashion design schools
While you choose to study in fashion design schools, you must ensure that your college must offer the following:
- Varied Courses: The college must offer varied courses across a spectrum so that students if required can take supplementary courses to support and gain competencies in their main area of work. These supplementary courses not only increase your expertise but also enhance the candidate’s employability.
- Online Student interaction:College must organize regular events to inform students about the courses, the workshops as well as the life at the college. These events must include interactions with faculty, career guides &mentors. Such interfaces will enlighten students about the curriculum as well as varied courses that are available to enhance your competencies.
- Scholarships: The ideal college must support meritorious students by offering scholarships to not one or two but hundred students. This will inspire the students to put in their best and achieve their dreams.
- Platform to students: College must extend a platform to students to showcase their talent, their brilliance to industry stalwarts as well as other stakeholders-like organising fashion shows by students and inviting the industry to appreciate the student’s work and their creative brilliance. Additionally industry experts, leaders, government influencers will offer their insights to guide the students. The students will also gain knowledge about how the technology is synergizing with today’s life and profession.
- Participation in Competitions: The students must be encouraged to participate in various domestic as well as international industry events as well as competitions. This willmotivate students&college faculty to work together to win accolades as well as their bonding.
- The college must have campuses across India so as to be there to nurture talent.
- Interaction with Industry stalwarts from across the spectrum: The students must gain exposure through interaction with Industry experts not only in your field but also from across the spectrum like Interaction with the likes of Kapil Dev, Rajeev Masand, the film critic, author Ashwin Sanghi, Actress Raveena Tandon, Makeup artist Bobbi Brown etc. so as to gain perspective about the industry, about life.
- Awards & Rewards:College you choose must have won multiple awards, which basically are an acknowledgment of their efforts as well as excellence.
- In 2021, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group based in India, awarded the college for Excellence in creative arts”
- In 2021, The college was awarded & recognised as the “Best Design Institute in India“ by World Leadership Congress (WLC) in association with ET Now.
- College must have been accorded Education partnership of World Design Organisation (WDO)
- ASSOCHAM India has awarded the college as the “Best Design Institute in India (2016-21)”